> > ok, so most of the difference is due to the extra signal events with
> > mes<5.27. Can we apply the same cut (mes>5.27) in the RooFit
> > implementation of the fit? Since the tail introduces large part of the
> > sistematics it would be nice to cut it out as we did for the prl measurement.
>
> Hi,
> I'm not sure that I've understood 100% what you say.
> I'm fitting the number of events in the 5.27 -> 5.29 region as VubAnalysis
> do. No signal events below 5.27 are considered here.
> What you suggest is to fit the argus in the 5.21 -> 5.26 as VubAnalysis
> and let the fit do the rest starting from those values or you're saying
> something different?

no, I just misinterpreted what you said:

"
  The other small difference is the way in which signal events are
computed:
    o VubAnalysis: the relative fraction of C.B. and Argus functions
are fitted and then the C.B. function is integrated in the range 5.27-5.29
(with parameteres from the fit) and rescaled to the measured fraction.
    o VirVubFitter: the number of signal and background events are
DIRECTLY fitted. The method is the "Extended Likelihood Fit" descibed by
RooFitters here (Go to Documentation, Tutorials..)
"

you did not say that the range for the VirFit is 5.27-5.29.

Daniele