Hi Kerstin,

> We are trying to run over your signal MC and write out all events (also
> the events without Breco candidate with the aim to get unbiased
> information on mxhadgen for the unfolding of the m_X spectrum). Following
> the instructions of
> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/BFROOT/www/Physics/Analysis/AWG/InclusiveSL/islrecoil/islbrecoiluser.instructions.html
> but using analysis-13b instead of analysis-13 and replacing Linux2 by
> Linux24 in the following, the only other change we did was in IbuIsl.tcl:
> instead of

have you compared the log files?

Alessio, can you check if you used the same tags and options they are
using to run IslBrecoilUser? in particular for PID killing?

> To run anaQA on our file we needed to make two changes to it:
> as a default, fBRecoFlavor is =0 (now) and for events with
> dnB0Lund[indexbestB]==0 (all n for charged, n==1 for neutral B)
> fBrecoFlavor does not get changed (in util.icc) and
> tmppurB =
> brecosig[modeB-10000]/(brecosig[modeB-10000]+brecobkg[modeB-10000]);
> does not get set for modeB<10000 (in recoilNtp.cc).
> We checked that this and the original anaQA give the same results for the
> variables quoted below on your file.

I did not get this but if you have the same result it's fine?

> after running anaQA on these files:
> # events from mxhadgen            768             816
> # events w/ pcms>1.                23              18
> # events w/ pcms>0.                29              25
>
> For the # of events from mxhadgen we required brecoflav==0 here (without
> this requirement we get 9218 for our file).

which are the option you used to run anaQA? (-MC -d ? -pk?) are you using
the HEAD version of VubAnalysis?

> Since we did not understand that, we made a dummy check:
>
> We try to run and just write out only the events with Breco
> candidate and compare with your root-tuples, we already find differences

this is already the case... but I am probably missing something here

> For example:
>                                your file       our file
> # events in file                  849             896
> # B0 (from modeB0)                574             623
> # chB (from modeChB)              539             579
>
> after running anaQA on these files:
> # events from mxhadgen            768             816
> # events w/ pcms>1.                23              18
> # events w/ pcms>0.                29              25

I see the same numbers that you have shown before. Can you explain again
which is the difference between the two cases?

 Daniele