Hello Brandon,
 We don't store the full trajectory for each track. For the
trackers, we store the intersection of the propagated track
with the sensitive volume surface. If your surface corresponds
to one of these sensitive layers, then the information you
need is there in the hit. If your surface is nearby you are
probably OK if you propagate using a helix from the closest
hit position.
 Please let me know if you need any more details.
Norman