Ok, I was wondering why it should be screwed up. Signal MC looks like
this:

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~kerstin/subdatachop_onevubcomp.eps

again:
black - default
red - feeding only nonres to VirFit
blue - feeding only hybrid to VirFit

So I think this looks how one would have guessed.

These are the signal efficiencies:

*** default
EFFICIENCY Vub

Vub total MC (lepton cut) = 7436.22
Vub MC (all cuts) = 2465.72
Vub MC (all cuts + Chop cut) = 1850.39
Vub gene total MC (lepton cut) = 7436.22
Vub gene MC (all cuts) = 2386.54
Eps_u =  0.320935 +- 0.00541363
Eps_Cut = 0.775344 +- 0.00854322
Eps_tot = 0.248835 +- 0.00501357

*** only nonres
EFFICIENCY Vub

Vub total MC (lepton cut) = 4930.11
Vub MC (all cuts) = 1367.92
Vub MC (all cuts + Chop cut) = 854.195
Vub gene total MC (lepton cut) = 4930.11
Vub gene MC (all cuts) = 1326.56
Eps_u =  0.269073 +- 0.00631602
Eps_Cut = 0.643919 +- 0.013147
Eps_tot = 0.173261 +- 0.00539021