Hi-

To follow up on Daniele's posting ...
(this is all found on my page on brem recovery linked from ISL->vubnosf->...)

As stated in the meeting - i explored 2 different ways of identifying brem
photons - the opening angle between the lepton 4-vec and the photon 4-vec,
and the difference in theta, phi origin between the lepton and photon.

I compared my 2 ways and Daniele's way and here are the pstar and Mx plots:
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/BFROOT/www/Physics/Analysis/AWG/InclusiveSL/vub-nosf/ejhill/ana_issues/bremrecov/pstar-comp.eps
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/BFROOT/www/Physics/Analysis/AWG/InclusiveSL/vub-nosf/ejhill/ana_issues/bremrecov/mxhadfit-comp.eps

The 3 methods are pretty similar here, and agree with what Daniele posted.

A much more interesting plot is this one-> I made a plot of the pstar for ONLY
the events where brem was recovered - and compared it to those corresponding
events before brem recovery.
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/BFROOT/www/Physics/Analysis/AWG/InclusiveSL/vub-nosf/ejhill/ana_issues/bremrecov/pstar-comp_bremrecov.eps
You can see very clearly in this plot the positive effect of applying a brem
recovery.

I also checked on the efficiency of making the selection for recovery

For a sample of signal (brevubmix)->

**TRUTH is determined if the photon is:
  1. a daughter of a B (apparently they are written in the truth block as
B->Xlvg, not B->Xlv; l->lg)
  2. the photon's mother B is the same mother B of the electron (i.e. - the
electron and photon are from the same B)

If i cut on opening angle between e, gam:
1084 leptons are selected as having brem photon(s)
-->1004 of those are TRUE brem leptons ( 80 are mistakenly selected)
401 TRUE brem leptons are missed by the selection
N(selected)/N(True) = 0.77

If i cut on delta theta/phi seperately:
1064 leptons are selected as having brem photons
--> 993 of those are TRUE brem leptons (71 are mistakenly selected)
412 TRUE brem leptonss are missed by the selection
N(selected)/N(True) = 0.76

Following DDR's cutting scheme:
1072 leptons are selected as having brem photons
--> 985 of those are TRUE brem leptons (87 are mistakenly selected)
420 TRUE brem leptons are missed by the selection
N(selected)/N(True) = 0.76

Cheers,
Ed