Just a resend, as I was not allowed to post to the
list earlier.
Guilherme

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:50:37 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guilherme Lima
To: Norman Graf
Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: lcdg4 cvs updates

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Graf, Norman wrote:

> Hello Guilherme,
> Thanks for the update. I'll try it out tomorrow and get
> back to you with any comments. Have you been generating any
> canonical samples getting ready for the workshop, or should we
> identify what we need there and target Victoria?
> Looking forward to seeing you next week,
> Norman

Good morning Norman,

This message is of interest to other people as well,
so I am sending to the whole lcd-cal and lcd-l lists
(I apologize for those who receive duplicates).

I finished yesterday the reprocessing of all our
standard samples with LCDG4 v02-24, which contains the
fix for the secondary vertex positions.  The SDJan03.xml
geometry was used in the simulations.

The standard samples basically contain:

* single particles:
   - 2K each of e,mu,pi,gamma,neutron at theta=90deg
     with energies of 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50 GeV
   - 10K K0s -> pi+pi-  @ 10GeV, theta=90deg
   - 5K K0s -> pi0pi0  @ 10GeV, theta=90deg
   - 5K sigma  @ 10 GeV, theta=90deg
   - 5K lambda @ 1-10GeV, theta=90deg

* physics:
   - 10K ee -> Z -> hadrons @ 91GeV
   - 5K ee -> ttbar (incl) @ 350GeV
   - 5K ee -> WW -> (qqbar)(any) @ 500GeV
   - 2K ee -> ZH -> (bbbar)(any) @ 500GeV, MH=120 GeV
   - 2K ee -> ZH -> (bbbar)(any) @ 500GeV, MH=160 GeV

The K0s, lambda, sigmas and 10K Z->hadrons samples are
yours.  All these files are accessible from nicadd sftp
server (see access instructions below).

I hope this is enough for next week's simulation workshop
at Argonne, and of course we can discuss which other
samples we might need for Victoria.  Suggestions are
welcome.

Please take a look at these files and send me your
comments/suggestions.

Cheers,
Guilherme

PS: NICADD's sftp access instructions for the impatient are:

    % sftp [log in to unmask]
      [password: lcd_2004]
    sftp> cd pub/lima/lcdg4/v02-24
    sftp> ls                 # to see all the files available
    sftp> get *ttbar*        # for instance
    sftp> quit

Windows users can use Winscp utility, please visit
http://nicadd.niu.edu/~jeremy/admin/scp/ for more details.