Hi Daniele,

I had a look at the vubmix MC concerning the events with no reconstructed
particles in the X system. I used the 2001 vubmix file with bremsstrahlung
recovery applied, which contains all signal events (also without Breco
candidate). The file contains 2242672 events.

I find 75 events with nneu==0 && nchg==1, 70 of which have nle==1 and 5
have nle==0. None of the events passes the pcms>1 cut (in fact, none of
these has a reasonable value of pcms).
Not suprisingly all of them have a mxhadfit==0.
So it looks like as if these events do not make it into the signal samples
after the cuts (I would have been surprised if it were different..).

But they are included in the multiplicity categories at truth level since
the defintions of the categories is according to those at reco level. I
checked explicitely that I do not see any truth event with neudaugen==0 &&
chgdaugen==1 (definition is according to the reco multiplicities such
that the charged lepton is included) in this file.
This means that these events are included in the xini spectrum and
therefore the unfolding "knows" of them.

I do not see a problem with these events and think that they are treated
consistently, but maybe I misunderstood what you said.

Cheers,
Kerstin