Hi Kerstin,
we don't know how the binning was varied in BAD540 for systematic studies.
In our 2D fits, we are using 4x4 bins in (mx,q2) such that the first mx
bin goes from 0 to the mx cut, and the last q2 bin goes from the q2 cut
to 26. We have investigated some different possibilities for the q2
binning. Our default is to divide the q2 range between 0 and the q2 cut
in 3 equal-size bins, but this gives unstable results when the q2 cut is
lower than, say, 5. We therefore used constant q2 bins evenly
distributed (0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,26), with more stable results at low q2
cuts. For higher q2 cuts, the two sets of q2 binnings give almost the
same results.
We also varied the mx binning with very small variations of the results.
Cheers, Concezio and Virginia.