                Kick-Off Meeting
         LC Silicon Detector Design Study

         Victoria Linear Collider Workshop
         Saturday Afternoon, July 31, 2004

YOU'RE INVITED:
Everyone interested in learning about and participating in a design study for a linear collider detector based on the SiD Detector concept, which incorporates Si/W calorimetry and silicon tracking, is invited to a Design Study Kick-Off Meeting to be held just after the conclusion of the Victoria Linear Collider Workshop.

WHEN AND WHERE:
The meeting will be held on Saturday afternoon, July 31, 2004, between 3 and 6 PM at the site of the Workshop, Hotel Grand Pacific, in Victoria, British Columbia. It will be followed by an informal dinner at a local Restaurant.

SIGN-UP SOON:
We urge you to register for this meeting, and the dinner, on the Victoria Linear Collider Workshop webpages:
http://www.linearcollider.ca/victoria04/othermeetings.html
We hope you can amend your travel plans, if necessary, to attend the meeting.

MEETING PLAN:
The goal of the Design Study is to develop the SiD Detector Concept into a detailed, optimized, and fully integrated detector design within a roughly one year time frame.
At the meeting, we will discuss how to proceed, make a plan for the effort needed in the next year, and start to identify those interested in working on various aspects of the design.

FUTURE MEETINGS:
The Victoria meeting will be just the first of a series of SiD Design Study Workshops. Subsequent meetings will be held at the Durham ECFA meeting, and the next ACFA LC Workshop. For those unable to attend the Victoria Meeting, we will post transparencies and summarize the discussions at the Meeting.

We look forward to your participation at Victoria and beyond!

John Jaros and Harry Weerts