Hi Urs,

How did you check the number of unmatched tracks and neutrals?

I had a look at a few generic BB files and found more CompIbuNtpDump
messages in the log files than events in the corresponding ntuples
(ca. x 1.4 ), so the frequency seems to be different for signal and
generic MC.

As an aside, we noticed that the neutral IFR clusters (ecalGam < 0.0) now
have an energy of energyGam=50MeV while in the old production they were
assigned 10 MeV.

(Their number is in the same ballpark as the number of messages from
CompIbuNtpDump for generic, but they are not the same and anyway they are
very different for the SP-3037 and 3617 signal.)

Cheers,
Henning

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Urs Langenegger wrote:

> Hoi Henning,
>
>  > 3) The following is printed out for many, many (every?) event
>  > CompIbuNtpDump::BtaMcAssoc.cc(410):BtaMcAssoc::checkPdtHypo: returns 0 because pdtEntry
>  >  or candidate is null.  Please check that you have
>  >  valid candidates before calling this method.
>  >   o original candidate pntr: 0x13b9b740
>  >   o original candidate pdtEntry pntr: 0xff4d0d8
>  >   o matched candidate pntr: (nil)
>  >   o matched candidate pdtEntry pntr: (nil)
>
> Is this  for beam-background  neutrals? No. I  just checked in  one of
> your trees that you MUCH  more unmatched neutrals than messages in the
> corresponding logfile.  And there are MUCH less  unmatched tracks than
> messages.
>
> It is not  per event, in the logfile I checked  there are 296 messages
> for 978 events read in.
>
> Cheers,
> --U.

| Henning Flaecher                                               |
| Physics Department           [log in to unmask]           |
| Royal Holloway               Phone: +44 (0)1784 443479         |
| University of London         Fax:   +44 (0)1784 472794         |
| Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX, UK   http://www.pp.rhul.ac.uk/~henning |
| SLAC M/S 35                                                    |
| 2575 Sand Hill Road          [log in to unmask]         |
| Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA    Phone: (+1) (650) 926 5269        |