Dear Colleagues,

   In Paris, at LCWS 2004, we began the discussion of our organizing for
the development of the linear collider experimental program as requested
by the ILCSC.  David Miller presented there the outline of the steps that
the World-wide Study organizing committee (WWS-OC) had proposed, and we
discussed this plan in the plenary session.  Below is a link to the
preliminary draft document that we would like to agree on so that it can be
presented to the ILCSC in August.

   Note that this draft is still under discussion by the organizing
committee. It contains a new proposal that was not presented at Paris; the
creation next year of a new body, the Global Experimentation Commission
(GEC) which would be formed in parallel with the establishment of the
Global Design Inititative for the accelerator.  The GEC would be given
specific tasks by the ILCSC and would consult with the WWS-OC in preparing
its reports to ILCSC.  Some members of the WWS-OC are not convinced that
the GEC is needed as early as 2005 and think that its early functions
could be fulfilled by the WWS-OC by creating task forces within its
framework, with a GEC-like body formed later.  Others argue that a
smaller, new central group is needed soon.

   Please review the plan, and send comments to us. This is an important
document that will deeply affect how we will be conducting our
experimental activities in the future; so feel free to suggest any changes
that you feel are necessary.  The organizing committee will meet on July
27 to finalize the document, so it would be most helpful if your comments
reach us in time to be included in the discussion of that meeting.

   You may obtain the draft document at:

      http://blueox.uoregon.edu/~lc/wwstudy/ORG_GLOBAL_EXP_PROG_2.2.pdf

   Please send comments to:   [log in to unmask]

   Comments which are received will be posted at:

      http://blueox.uoregon.edu/~lc/wwstudy/comments

     Best regards,

     Jim Brau
     David Miller