Hello Brandon,
 It's not very well documented, but this just
came up recently in discussions, so I'll
copy what Guilherme Lima posted recently.
Norman

I found hep.lcd.geometry.CalorimeterCellNewTag.java,
which answers some of my previous questions, as I
write down below.  There are still remaining questions:

> The questions are: are there convention behind system
> numbers?  If so, where is this documented?
>
> How many bits are used for sysNo?  I vaguely remind
> having seen some java code using 2-bits for system,
> plus one bit for barrel/endcap flag and another bit
> for north/south flag, but I can't find this code anymore.

    3 bits for sysNo
    1 bit for barrel/endcap flag
    7 bits for ilayer
   10 bits for itheta