HI Brandon, depending on why you are asking the answer may be:

1) If you are just using the calorimeter hits you should not have to know. You should just get a CalorimeterCell object from the event (using LCDEvent.getCalorimeterCell()) and use that to convert the cell id into position, angle etc.

http://www-sldnt.slac.stanford.edu/nld/lib/lcd/api/hep/lcd/geometry/CalorimeterCell.html

2) If you want to know because you need to generate your own cell id's then the best documentation is as Norm suggests reading the comments and source code of:

hep.lcd.geometry.CalorimeterCellNewTag.java

Tony