Hi Gregory,

Yes, you can use "any" script to copy between HSM and the xrootd served
file system. Of course, the script needs to understand the HSM internals
and where to find the files. You can test this via a simple script
that just copies files to a different directory that the xrootd server
would not "see" by default.

cheers,
Heinz