  Hi All,

  There is now a new xrootd version 20040819-0249 with many small updates:

     o Various updates to ./configure and makefiles resulting from ongoing
       work to allow the server to be built and distributed also within ROOT
     o Code cleanup and minor bug fixes as reported by Gregory J. Sharp,
       Cornell Univ. and others
     o The beginning of changes to make xrootd build on MacOSX
     o Two changes (cleanup) to command line options and config directives:
        o Make '-c' mandatory on the olbd command line.
        o Make "host" or "netgroup" mandatory on the olb.allow directive

This version is considered "under test" for the moment, but it should also be
the one tested for inclusion in the next ROOT4 release.

  For the full set of changes and links to rpms/tarballs to download see the
the xrootd web page:

   http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu

Let us know if there are problems.

  (We should try to use this version for the server restart at SLAC today.
We'll get one day of feedback before the computing outage starts tomorrow.)

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland