  Hi Andy,

  I see that the olbd creates a small turd file when it is started:

shire01> ls /tmp/olb*
/tmp/olbd.pid

  Why is this file needed? (i.e. who or what uses it?)

  I'm not particularly fond of these sorts of files in /tmp if they aren't
absolutely critical (even if they have the pid in the name to make it more
unique, which this one doesn't). They usually just cause headaches as one
user can trip over something some other user has done at some point in the
past on the same machine...

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland