  I could finally test compilation of the latest xrootd test version
  on Solaris 7: the problem with strlcpy has disappeared,
  but there is another one that prevents from building
  successfully:

Making xrd component...
Compiling XrdPoll.cc
"/usr/include/sys/poll_impl.h", line 271: Error: A declaration was expected
instead of "}".
1 Error(s) detected.
gmake[4]: *** [../../obj/sun4x_57/XrdPoll.o] Error 1
gmake[3]: *** [SunOSall] Error 2
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: *** [Xrd] Error 2
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

  this is caused by a bug in /usr/include/sys/poll_impl.h:
  two "if's" are incorrectly nested so that the code opening
  the "{" never gets pre-processed.
  Since the first 'if' is

#if defined(_KERNEL) || defined(_KMEMUSER)

  I have made a try by using -D_KMEMUSER to compile XrdPoll.cc:
  it seems to work fine, but perhaps there are unwanted side-effects.

  The machine I have access runs this:

  "SunOS refsol7 5.7 Generic_106541-20 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10"

  The problem was corrected in more recent versions - eg Solaris 8.

  What should we do?

  Gerri