  Hi All,

  There is now a new xrootd version 20040823-1105 with some small updates,
including a fix to the startup scripts now that "-c" is mandatory for the
olbd and some fixes following the things reported by Greg Sharp. For the full
set of changes and links to rpms/tarballs to download see the xrootd web page:

   http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu

Let us know if there are problems. It should also be the one tested for
inclusion in the next ROOT4 release.

  Since we didn't manage to get the server restart at SLAC last Friday,
hopefully we can do it today with this version.

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland