  Hi Andy,

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 10:13:52AM -0700, Andrew Hanushevsky  wrote:
> > > I just need the cc/hh files to be stable for a few days. I don't think
> > > Gerri's changes touch any cc/hh files,
> >
> >   Well, to activate the NODEBUG symbol I had to fill some missing
> >   definition in some of the cc/hh files, basically those using TRACE, DEBUG
> >   and alike macros ...
>
> If you can give me the list of changed files then I'll know if there are
> really going to be conflicts.

  Gerri included that in his first posting. I've included it again below.

                                   Pete

Changes in xrootd-20040824-0002-patch-GG

config/ARCHS
  o Add new column with status of support
  o Add architectures/compilers for which support should be provided
config/GNUmake.env.in
  o Add new variables for compilation flags (CFTRACE, CFDEVPOLL)
    to be defined by configure
  o Rename CFEXTRA to CFSTRLCPY
config/GNUmake.options.in
  o Fix typo in the definition of LDOP
  o Add flag LD defining the linker name
config/GNUmake.rules.gcc
  o Add definition of TYPELD (used by LD)
  o Add CFTRACE in TYPEMISC
config/GNUmake.rules.gccia64
  o Add definition of TYPELD (used by LD)
  o Add CFTRACE in TYPEMISC
config/GNUmake.rules.gccx8664
  o Add definition of TYPELD (used by LD)
  o Add CFTRACE in TYPEMISC
config/GNUmake.rules.icc
  o Add definition of TYPELD (used by LD)
  o Add CFTRACE in TYPEMISC
config/GNUmake.rules.macos
  o Add definition of TYPELD (used by LD)
  o Add CFTRACE in TYPEMISC
config/GNUmake.rules.sunCC
  o Add definition of TYPELD (used by LD)
  o Add CFTRACE in TYPEMISC
config/GNUmake.rules.sungcc
  o New file: rules for gcc on Solaris
config/GNUmake.rules.iccx8664
  o New file: rules for icc on Opteron
config/GNUmakefile.in
  o Add target to build security modules only
  o Add target 'distclean' for a complete cleanup of all the stuff
    created by configure

configure
  o Synchronize architecture identification with config/ARCHS
  o Add support for option enable_trace/disable_trace
  o Add support for flag '--build-sec-only' to build the security
    modules only
  o Add checks ro correctly set -D_DEVPOLL

src/Xrd/GNUmakefile
  o Add CFDEVPOLL in compilation of XrdPoll.cc
src/Xrd/XrdBuffer.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/Xrd/XrdMain.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/Xrd/XrdScheduler.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/Xrd/XrdTrace.hh
  o Move definition of trace flags out of precompiler '#ifndef NODEBUG'
  o Complete definition of TRACING(x) when NODEBUG is set

src/XrdAcc/GNUmakefile
  o Use LD instead of CC in linking test program

src/XrdOdc/GNUmakefile
  o Use LD instead of CC in linking test program
  o Add missing LDOP
src/XrdOdc/XrdOdcFinder.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOdc/XrdOdcManager.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOdc/XrdOdcMsg.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOdc/XrdOdcTrace.hh
  o Move definition of trace flags out of precompiler '#ifndef NODEBUG'
  o Fix number of arguments to DEBUG(x,y) when NODEBUG is set

src/XrdOfs/XrdOfs.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOfs/XrdOfsConfig.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOfs/XrdOfsTrace.hh
  o Fix number of arguments to XTRACE() when NODEBUG is set

src/XrdOlb/GNUmakefile
  o Use LD instead of CC in linking test program
src/XrdOlb/XrdOlbConfig.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOlb/XrdOlbMain.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOlb/XrdOlbManager.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOlb/XrdOlbMeter.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOlb/XrdOlbPList.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOlb/XrdOlbPrepare.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOlb/XrdOlbScheduler.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOlb/XrdOlbServer.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOlb/XrdOlbTrace.hh
  o Move definition of trace flags out of precompiler '#ifndef NODEBUG'

src/XrdOss/XrdOssApi.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOss/XrdOssCache.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOss/XrdOssCache.hh
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOss/XrdOssConfig.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOss/XrdOssCreate.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOss/XrdOssMSS.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOss/XrdOssRename.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdOss/XrdOssTrace.hh
  o Move definition of trace flags out of precompiler '#ifndef NODEBUG'
  o Fix number of arguments to DEBUG(x) when NODEBUG is set
  o Add dummy definition of QTRACE(x) when NODEBUG is set
src/XrdOss/XrdOssUnlink.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set

src/XrdOuc/GNUmakefile
  o Add CFSTRLCPY in compilation of XrdOuPlatform.cc
src/XrdOuc/XrdOucNetwork.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set

src/XrdSec/GNUmakefile
  o Use LD instead of CC in linking test program
src/XrdSec/XrdSecProtocolsrvr.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdSec/XrdSecTrace.hh
  o Fix number of arguments to QTRACE(x) when NODEBUG is set

src/XrdXr/GNUmakefile
  o Use LD instead of CC in linking test program
src/XrdXr/XrdXrTrace.hh
  o Move definition of trace flags out of precompiler '#ifndef NODEBUG'
  o Fix number of arguments to QTRACE(x) when NODEBUG is set
  o Add dummy definition of DEBUGX(x) when NODEBUG is set

src/XrdXrootd/GNUmakefile
  o Use LD instead of CC in linking test program
src/XrdXrootd/XrdXrootdFile.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set

src/XrdXrootd/XrdXrootdMonitor.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set

src/XrdXrootd/XrdXrootdPrepare.cc
  o Protect from compiler warnings when running with NODEBUG set
src/XrdXrootd/XrdXrootdTrace.hh
  o Move definition of trace flags out of precompiler '#ifndef NODEBUG'
  o Fix definition of TRACING(x) when NODEBUG is set

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland