Hi Brandon, the attached files provide a simple program for
concatenating SIO files.

Example:

[tonyj@dhcp-245 siocat]$ setenv CLASSPATH
.:/home/tonyj/jas3-0.7.7/extensions/freehep-hep.jar
[tonyj@dhcp-245 siocat]$ javac SIOCat.java
[tonyj@dhcp-245 siocat]$ java SIOCat
SIOCat: an application to concatenate similarly named,
        sequentially numbered input sio files.

Usage:

 >> java SIOCat rootFileName firstFileNumber lastFileNumber
outputFileName

 Where:
 rootFileName    is common to all the files,
 firstFileNumber is the starting numbered file,
 lastFileNumber  is the ending numbered file,
 outputFileName  is the resulting concatenated file name.

 e.g. >> java SIOCat ZZ-SD- 1 50 ZZ-SD-Concat.sio

  will combine the files ZZ-SD-1.sio through ZZ-SD-50.sio into
ZZ-SD-Concat.sio

 As an option, one can randomly add in events from a "signal" file via:

>> java SIOCat rFN fFn lFN oFN signalFileName probability

  in which case events from the signal file will be randomly added
  with the given probability.