   Hi Andy, Pete,

   I have put in

      http://ganis.home.cern.ch/ganis/ROOT/XRD/xrd.html

   a patched version 20040830-0105 (tagged 20040901-1027) with
   support for -DHAS_NAMEINFO and the possibility to switch
   on/off echoing of gmake commands (default off).
   There is also the output from 'diff' in the case it may be
   useful.

   For getnameinfo, the variable CFNAMEINFO is defined in
   src/GNUmake.env and should be added to the compilation line
   in the relevant module-specific GNUmakefile (as for CFSTRLCPY
   and the others).

   Pete: when I untar your tarballs I find a file src/GNUmake.rules
   which is never used (the appropriate rules file is included at the
   end of src/GNUmake.env) and probably a renmant of some intermediate
   development version: can you remove it from CVS?

   Gerri