On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 09:39:35AM -0700, Artem Trunov wrote:
> >   Artem, you want to read the log files remotely at all costs, don't you?
>
> I realized some time ago, that the cost is your dead body...

  Ah, was my response at some point "over my dead body"?  I don't think
I ever said that about reading the log files. Usually that response is
evoked when someone starts talking about contacting databases from worker
nodes and other stupid things like that.

  An 'xrdcat' could in fact be doable. ;-) Then one just have to organize
the logs so that they are exported, which I already wanted to do to harvest
them for other reasons. And I guess it could allow you to deal with the
HPSS/staging logs or whatever else on the machine, too.

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland