  [Add SLAC unix-admin]

  Hi Greg,

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 09:32:25AM -0400, Gregory J. Sharp wrote:
> On Sep 28, 2004, at 5:47 AM, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:
> > Hi Gregory,
> >
> > Hmm, would you really dislike it if we do an explicit kill() after
> > closing
> > the pipe?
>
> I think it would be ugly, but it is probably the only available
> short-term fix.
> Is there a way to complain to the vendor and get it fixed in the next
> release?

   SLAC has purchased a large number of RHEL3 licenses for BaBar, so they
have a means to report problems like this back to Redhat.

   unix-admin, the original problem posting (regarding netstat in RHEL3)
is here:

   http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/XROOTD-L/archives/xrootd-l.200409/date/article-114.html

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland