Hi Artem,

  only a few comments from me:

Artem Trunov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Few thoughts about xrdcp, while work is in progress.
>
> 1. It should support multistream copy, i.e. multiple connections to
> xrootd. But it must also support single stream only, i.e. with no control
> stream etc. Multiple streams imporove WAN performance, sigle stream only
> usefull for other stuff.

I believe that this is not possible, since by construction the client
multiplexes the connection instead of multiplying them. This might be a
decision to be done at the client level, which does not involve xrdcp
itself, which is only an application which makes use of it.

> 2. It should support custom TCP buffer size.

I agree.

> 3. It should support stdin/stdout data pipes. Usefull for piping to/from
> tar archives and to filters like 'less' and 'grep', if we will need to
> read log files over xrootd.

This also can be reasonable. Obviously the first alpha version won't
have it, but we can choose at which stage we can implement this kind of
things.

> Artem.

Fabrizio