  Hi Fabrizio,

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 10:38:01AM +0200, Fabrizio Furano wrote:
>   about the dev of XrdClient, xrdcp and XrdClientAdmin:
>
> XrdClient & xrdcp: same as before. I consider their status as stable.
> Waiting for feedback from real-world users.

  Ok, I'll make a new (development) xrootd version tomorrow sometime. Andy,
do you have anything you want to add?

                                   Pete

> XrdClientAdmin: added the "query checksum" method to the interface.
> Added the perl wrapper with almost all the functionalities of the main
> class. The package was modified in order to build the wrapper
> separately, since it depends on perl include files, which are external.
> The wrapper works only with perl 5.8.x as far as I know. In the future,
> some enhancements to the configure script will be mandatory, in order to
> check for perl versions, perl include files and so on.
> I tried to do some basic tests under both Linux and Solaris. It seems
> ok, but I have not finished with all the flavors we have.
>
> Fabrizio
>
> Wilko Kroeger wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > There will be no xrootd meeting, Tuesday, 19 October, 2004.
> > If there are any important issues to be discussed we could have
> > a meeting later this week otherwise the next meeting will be the
> > following Tuesday.
> >
> > I would appreciate if we could get brief updates if there are new
> > problems or issues at each site and about the status of the development.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >    Wilko

  I'm away from 8 Oct - 4 Nov (inclusive) with only occasional access
       to email, so you should expect some delay in my responses.
Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland