  Hi All,

  There is now a new (development) xrootd version 20041022-0258. It
contains all the latest posix client things from Fabrizio as well as Andy's
latest changes to build on MacOSX. There is no strong reason to try to use
this build for "production" work, but testing is welcome.

  I had some problems with my build script due to changes Andy made to the
./configure (mainly the naming of the linux arch's), but I think I got
things to build in the end. If there are problems with any of the rpm's or
tarballs this time, you can just try building from the source. I'll sort
it out properly when I get back.

  I've not yet tried building it myself on MacOSX as the machine at SLAC
seems to be down at the moment.

  For the full set of changes and links to rpms/tarballs to download see the
the xrootd web page:

   http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu

Let us know if there are problems.

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

  I'm away from 8 Oct - 4 Nov (inclusive) with only occasional access
       to email, so you should expect some delay in my responses.
Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland