  Hi Alvise,

  Thanks...

  Hmm, please don't send attachments... The mailing list will bounce the
message. It looks like that is what happened to this message.

  If you put it someplace in Padova, at CERN or even in your home directory
at SLAC that would work, too. Could you do that? (If you have a CERN or
SLAC account you automatically have a web accessible area, too...)

                                   Pete

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 01:29:13PM +0200, Alvise Dorigo wrote:
> ok Andy,
> in attach you can find the .jar library (XrdJClient.jar), the
> configuration file (NetFile.properties) and a test client
> (testNetBufferedReader.java) that shows how to basically use the
> NetFileStream base xrootd client and the [Input|Output]Stream derived
> class, NetFile[Input|Output]Stream, used to get access to remote files
> via xrootd.
>
> To build and run the example just do:
>
> 1. put all stuff in a dir
> 2. cd previous dir
> 3. javac -classpath .:XrdJClient.jar testNetBufferedReader.java
> 4. java -classpath .:XrdJClient.jar testNetBufferedReader
> xroot://[a_user_name]@[a_host]:[a_tcp_port]/[pathfile]
>
> and let me know...
>
> Pete, sorry for the attachment, but I do not have a web place you can
> get it from easily.
>
> I'll stop the development for a while in order to deeply test it (in the
> README file there's the current status) and (hopefully) wait for feedback.
>
> It is guaranteed to work with Sun's Jre >=1.4.2.
>
> 	Alvise
>

> P.S.: Andy, it is not compatible with MIDP/CLDC/J2ME (mobile Java
> Virtual Machine... aka 'for cell phones'). The cell phone version is
> still un-usable for an end-user.

  I'm away from 8 Oct - 4 Nov (inclusive) with only occasional access
       to email, so you should expect some delay in my responses.
Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland