  Hi Chris,

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 04:58:21PM -0400, Chris Jones wrote:
> I'm making use of the new XrdClient code and have found some
> 'interesting' items.  The two most pressing at the moment are
>
> 1) the definition of XrdClient::Read(...)
> 	 int          Read(const void *buf, long long offset, int len);
>
> the first variable should be changed to 'void *' since one should not
> be writing to a const buffer.

  This appears to be done in the latest release (20041109-0606).

> 2) The includes in XrdClient.hh (and probably other header files in
> that package) do not include the prefix "XrdClient/" when referring to
> other header files in this same area.  This makes using these header
> files a mess.  It would be very helpful if this was corrected.

  Fabrizio, do you want to fix this systematically or should I do it?

> Also, Doxygen style comments in the header (at least in XrdClient.hh)
> would go a long way to aiding its use.

  This also seems reasonable.

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland