  Just for the record, with this change I was able to build everything
on MacOSX. There was one complaint due to a hardcoded perl version
in tinytestXTNetAdmin.pl:

Making client component...
gmake[2]: perl5.8: Command not found
gmake[2]: perl5.8: Command not found
gmake[3]: perl5.8: Command not found
gmake[3]: perl5.8: Command not found
gmake[4]: perl5.8: Command not found
gmake[4]: perl5.8: Command not found

This version should presumably be configured via the ./configure script.
Fabrizio, was there some constraint on the possible perl version to use?

  BTW, I also did a basic test of the xrootd running on MacOSX (on cal90
at SLAC, for which Stephen has opened port 2525 for such tests). The most
basic functionality of opening a file and reading some things from it seems
to work.

                                   Pete