  Hi All,

  As we noted last week, some people are away at the supercomputing conference
this week so we will not have a live meeting. I do have some questions for
various people that hopefully can be answered by email...

  Andy:

    o Did you fix some dates to come to CERN?

  Fabrizio:

    o Remi posted something in the BaBar HN:

   http://babar-hn.slac.stanford.edu:5090/HyperNews/get/KanSOS/491.html

      about the remaining issues for using the xrootd/olbd production output
      buffer. The outstanding issues appear to be:

         o setting the unix permissions correctly
         o checksum doesn't work (might be server side config issue, see
           my response in HN)
         o file deletion doesn't seem to work

    o Could you summarize the other things (TXNetFile cleanup, refresh bug,
      etc.) that are outstanding?

  Gerri/Fons:

    o Gerri mentioned something to me about some backward compability issue/bug
      with the original rootd. Was that understood?

    o Has anything else come up in (Alice) testing of xrootd?

    o We realized that we really should try to get asynchronous mode working
      before the next production ROOT release (in particular the one that will
      be used with POOL) since it is required to start using unsolicited
      which are not running in asynchronous mode, it creates a significant
      backward compatibility problem since they block when such a response
      comes in. Fabrizio found that it works in the posix-like client, but
      there is some issue with TThread/TSocket that causes problems for
      TXNetFile.

  Wilko:

    o Which machines at SLAC have the server-side monitoring turned on?

  Jacek:

    o What is the setup of the server side monitoring at SLAC? You now have
      the final collector machine? Have you had a chance to look at the data?

  Tofigh:

    o Do we have the file access summary webpages yet?

  Gregory:

    o I see you are posting lots of detailed questions. Could you summarize
      for us more generally how things stand for using xrootd/olbd at Cornell?

  Anybody else who has something interesting to tell us should of course feel
free to follow up to this posting!

  I'll make a new development build later today, too. Hopefully I'll be
able to include the MacOSX build from this point on. I've also updated a bit
more the problem page.

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland