  Hi Alvise,

  Yes, this problem is known:

  http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/XROOTD-L/archives/xrootd-l.200411/date/article-14.html

The plan is to resolve it using ./configure, but we didn't quite get that
done for this release. It shouldn't stop the build, even if you do get the
complaints. They only matter for the perl wrapper for the admin stuff.

  BTW, I just added a link to a binary tarball for MacOSX to the xrootd
20041109-0606 download page. A trivial test with the xrootd works. Not
much else has been tested, so feedback from users is welcome...

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 05:02:59PM +0100, Alvise Dorigo wrote:
> I tried to compile it but I get the following error related to wrong perl
> path:

> Compiling XrdXrootdXeq.cc
> Creating executable ../../bin/i386_linux26/xrootd
> Make XrdXrootd done.
> Making client component...
> make[2]: perl5.8: Command not found
> make[2]: perl5.8: Command not found
> make[3]: perl5.8: Command not found
> make[3]: perl5.8: Command not found
> make[4]: perl5.8: Command not found
> make[4]: perl5.8: Command not found
> Compiling XrdClientAbs.cc
> Compiling XrdClient.cc
>
> maybethe 'configure' should resolve the correct perl path, shouldn't it ?
>
>  Alvise
>
> On Tuesday 09 November 2004 16:29, Peter Elmer wrote:
> >   Hi All,
> >
> >   There is now a new (development) xrootd version 20041109-0606. It
> > contains all of the latest posix-client fixes from Fabrizio (many coming
> > from the tests of the output buffer for skimming at SLAC). There are also
> > fixes for MacOSX (it builds, although I've not yet made a binary download
> > for it) plus a bunch of changes from Andy (make "wait" the default for the
> > olbd, etc.) including some requested by Gregory. There is no strong reason
> > to try to use this build for "production" work, but testing is welcome.
> >
> >   For the full set of changes and links to rpms/tarballs to download see
> > the the xrootd web page and/or version history:
> >
> >    http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu
> >    http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/xrootd.History
> >
> > Let us know if there are problems.
> >
> >                                  thanks,
> >                                    Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland