Another problem I encounter is that sometimes the checksum as reported
by XrdClientAdmin::XrdGetChecksum has some extra characters at the end.
It looks to me that some buffer is too large or not properly
terminated.

Checksum local: 2271761656
      xrd: crc32 2271761656hwV\uffff!

Cheers,
		Remi

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists else-
where in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
                                               Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Remigius K. Mommsen                 e-mail: [log in to unmask]
University of California, Irvine       URL:    http://cern.ch/mommsen
c/o SLAC                             voice:        ++1 (650) 926-3595
2575 Sand Hill Road #35                fax:        ++1 (650) 926-3882
Menlo Park, CA 94025, US              home:        ++1 (650) 233-9041