Hi Andy,

On Nov 19, 2004, at 5:55 PM, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:

> Hi Remi,
>
>> errors, but about 30% of the transfers fail. The tracebacks are
>> similar
>> to the one posted by Alvise and myself to xrootd-l.
> Can you just give me the url to one of those tracebacks?

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/XROOTD-L/archives/xrootd-
l.200411/latest-first/article-99.html
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/XROOTD-L/archives/xrootd-
l.200411/latest-first/article-103.html

>> Questions:
>> - Are you (or somebody else) actively looking into these issues? We
>> need to get this solved by early next week.
> I am working on some of the issues. The clien and admin side issues are
> being addressed by Fabrizio and Pete.
>
>> - Which version(s) of xrootd are running on bbrprod0X? Can you please
>> start the latest version on all of them?
> Wilko should take care of that.
>
>> - I can get a checksum only from bbrprod05. Do you know what the
>> problem is?
> Everything looked right except perhaps that everywhere but bbrprod05,
> the
> directive is on the last line without a newline character (why
> bbrprod05
> is the exception is rather strange). That probably isn't the problem
> because it should have been fixed. The more relevant issue is that the
> servers were started October 18 and the cksum appears to have been
> added
> after that time. So, the servers are still running with the old config
> file. Wilko?

As Wilko is gone for the weekend, we will not make any progress until
Monday in this case.

Cheers,
		Remi

>> BTW: we gave up to get it to work using olb on the time scale of next
>> week. We will be happy if the functionality required by testPAdmin.pl
>> works for all 5 bbrprod0X machines.
> Yes, there are some issues that neede to be resolved between the
> client's
> view of the world and what the olb provides. Fabrizio and I will be
> sorting them out when he gets to SLAC in a week or so.
>
> Andy

Progress in high energy physics: particles discovered yesterday are
used for calibration today, and will be the background tomorrow.

Remigius K. Mommsen                 e-mail: [log in to unmask]
University of California, Irvine       URL:    http://cern.ch/mommsen
c/o SLAC                             voice:        ++1 (650) 926-3595
2575 Sand Hill Road #35                fax:        ++1 (650) 926-3882
Menlo Park, CA 94025, US              home:        ++1 (650) 233-9041