I tried to compile it but I get the following error related to wrong perl
path:

Compiling XrdXrootdXeq.cc
Creating executable ../../bin/i386_linux26/xrootd
Make XrdXrootd done.
Making client component...
make[2]: perl5.8: Command not found
make[2]: perl5.8: Command not found
make[3]: perl5.8: Command not found
make[3]: perl5.8: Command not found
make[4]: perl5.8: Command not found
make[4]: perl5.8: Command not found
Compiling XrdClientAbs.cc
Compiling XrdClient.cc

maybethe 'configure' should resolve the correct perl path, shouldn't it ?

 Alvise