Hi Andy,

On Nov 27, 2004, at 11:03 AM, Remi Mommsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This message from Andy didn't make it to the list.
>
> Cheers,
> 		Remi
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Andrew Hanushevsky <[log in to unmask]>
>> Date: November 25, 2004 11:20:27 AM PST
>> To: Remi Mommsen <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: Re: Status of xrootd from the skim production perspective
>>
>> Hi Remi,
>>
>>> I don't say it crashes, but it caches the results (sorry for the
>>> typo,
>>> but it should have been clear from the context).
>> Sorry, I misread that.
>>
>>> If you ask the load balancer for a file at a time this file does not
>>> exists, it claims the file does not exists for several hours (8 ?)
>>> even
>>> when the file was created in the meantime. The opposite is true as
>>> well: if you delete a file, the load balancer still reports that the
>>> file exists and reports even a checksum for files which were deleted
>>> hours before.
>> Yes, I see what is happening now. Not to worry, I can correct that
>> very
>> easily and will do so by tommorrow.

Is there a new version of xrootd needed or is it just a configuration
issue? Could you please let Wilko and myself know what we need to do to
get this solved?

Thanks a lot.

Remi

… there are known knowns;  there are things we know we know.  We also
know there are known unknowns;  that is to say we know there are some
things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones
we don’t know we don’t know.
                                                       Donald Rumsfeld

Remigius K. Mommsen                 e-mail: [log in to unmask]
University of California, Irvine       URL:    http://cern.ch/mommsen
c/o SLAC                             voice:        ++1 (650) 926-3595
2575 Sand Hill Road #35                fax:        ++1 (650) 926-3882
Menlo Park, CA 94025, US              home:        ++1 (650) 233-9041