Hi Pete,

On Dec 4, 2004, at 1:50 PM, Peter Elmer wrote:

>   Hi All,
>
>   There is now a new (development) xrootd version 20041204-1254. This
> should solve the server side SEGV that Remi reported seeing in the skim
> output buffer. Fabrizio is still looking into the client side issues,
> but
> this server version should be deployed at SLAC on the bbrprod machines.
>
>   Wilko, since they are writing to the bbrprod machines and not just
> reading,
> it is more complicated to deploy at the moment. I leave it to you guys
> figure out how to do this... There is no need to change the client
> side. (Remi,
> are you using the version out of the 20041124-0752 release as opposed
> the version you built yourself from the HEAD at some point?)

Yes, I started the production using the 20041124-0752 release. The HEAD
version was only used for testing.
Wilko: I guess you can restart the servers whenever it is convenient
for you. Just let me know.

Cheers,
		Remi

>   For the full set of changes and links to rpms/tarballs to download
> see the
> the xrootd web page and/or version history:
>
>    http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu
>    http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/xrootd.History
>
> Let us know if there are problems.
>
>                                  thanks,
>                                    Pete

> --
> Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22)
> 767-4644
> Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23,
> Switzerland
> --

Truth decays into beauty, while beauty soon becomes merely charm.
Charm ends up as strangeness, and even that doesn't last, but up and
down are forever.                                         (Anonymous)

Remigius K. Mommsen                 e-mail: [log in to unmask]
University of California, Irvine       URL:    http://cern.ch/mommsen
c/o SLAC                             voice:        ++1 (650) 926-3595
2575 Sand Hill Road #35                fax:        ++1 (650) 926-3882
Menlo Park, CA 94025, US              home:        ++1 (650) 233-9041