  Hi All,

  The next meeting on xrootd development, testing, deployment and monitoring
will be Tuesday, 15 February, 2005 at 10:15 CA, 19:15 Europe and 18:15 UK. The
location at SLAC is SCS conference room B and the location at CERN is my
office (32 2C-14).

   --> Wilko, or somebody at SLAC, could you call out to us at +41-22-767-4644?
       Thanks.

  The connection info for this meeting is:

   phone:     +1-510-665-5437
   passcode:  4465

 Agenda:

   o problem list
     o http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/problems.html
   o workshop at CERN, 15 Feb., 2005 (today)
     o Castor
     o LDPM
   o ACAT05
   o New development/features
      o reading data across high-latency networks (WAN ,MAN, ...)
      o read ahead
      o memory algorithm improvements
      o >64 servers
      o testing the latest version / making a new "production" version
      o kXR_int16 to kXR_unt16 changes (Jacek/Fabrizio)
        o Changes needed in TXNetFile? (Coordinated with deployment of
          new XProtocol.hh? No backwards compatibility problems?)
      o status of posix-compatible client
        o out-of-domain redirection/connections
        o file cache for xrdcp?
      o synch/merge of XrdClient and TXNetFile
      o status of xrootd-based buffer (being tested for skimming in BaBar)
        o any problems?
      o server side monitoring - Jacek
         o proposal as to how to organize this
      o client side monitoring support
      o testing asynchronous I/O with CVS HEAD of TXNetFile...
      o "admin" interface (shutdown, redirecting clients, ...)
      o proxy support
      o unsolicited responses
      o updates needed by Castor people
      o SRM
      o libstdc++ rpm for RH72/gcc2.95.3
      o multi-experiment setups
      o compilation tests with other platforms/compilers (icc, gcc 3.4...)
   o Sites
     o Example configurations
     o SLAC
        o olb03/olb04/kanolb-a renaming (arrghh!)
     o Cornell
     o Padova - Fulvio
     o CNAF - Enrica
     o In2p3 - Jean-Yves
     o RAL - Chris/Manny
        o config rpm and files
     o FZK - Gregory
        o status of setting up the xrootd system
        o GPFS servers?
   o xrootd procedures
      o restart of servers (deployment of new versions)
      o problems with particular data servers
      o adding a new server

  I have almost certainly forgotten some things, so please feel free to bring
anything important up during the meeting.

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland