  Hi All,

  There is now a new development version of xrootd (20050226-0852). Changes
include:

   o the monitoring package is now built by default and the xrdmonCollector
     application is included in the rpm and binary tarballs
   o support for memory-mapped files (For the large memory machine)
   o many small fixes for xrdcp (from bug reports from Wilko)
   o misc small fixes on the server side

  The intention is to do extra testing of this and to deploy it in the
near future on the production systems at SLAC. At that point we'll call it
a "production" version. They'll be a posting to the mailing list once we
accomplish that.

  For the full set of changes and links to rpms/tarballs to download see the
the xrootd web page and/or version history:

   http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu
   http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/xrootd.History

Let us know if there are problems.

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland