Hello Fabrizio

I run the xrdcp test again and I can reproduce crashes in xrdcp
(some times it take 30-60 mins).
I used the xrootd version 20050226-0825 and xrdcp is running on a RHEL3
machine. I read the same file over and over:
  xrdcp -DIDebugLevel 2 root://${xrdhost}:2094///prod/test/small.test - > /dev/null

The size of the small.test file is:
> ls -l small.test
rw-r--r--   1 wilko  ec  31457280 Feb 27 18:09 /u1/wilko/kanga/prod/test/small.test
which is 30 MB (30*1024*1024)

I used debugLevel 1 and 2.

You can find the core file and the debug output files in:

each directory contains a core file and the debug output file
(wk_log...). The ending d1 or d2 means debuglevel 1 or 2.

With debug option = 1, gdb shows:
#0  0x0018b17c in memcpy () from /lib/tls/
#1  0x0806edbc in XrdClientReadCacheItem::GetPartialInterval(void const*,
    long long, long long) (this=0x9f107d0, buffer=0xb5750d08,
    begin_offs=31457280, end_offs=31714559) at XrdClientReadCache.hh:93

whereas with debugLevel=2, gdb shows:

#0  0x00a4e027 in _int_free () from /lib/tls/
#1  0x00a4d018 in free () from /lib/tls/
#2  0x0806d984 in ~XrdClientReadCacheItem (this=0x96b3db8) at

On the xrootd site I see the error:
050227 23:54:39 064 XrdLink: Unable to receive from wilko.30110:17@tori0001;
       connection reset by peer
050227 23:54:39 064 XrootdXeq: wilko.30110:17@tori0001 disc 1:02:03 (link
       read error)

(the corresponding client crash was around 23:50)

Thanks for looking into this,