Hi Jerome,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerome LAURET" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:11 PM

> - Is there a way to circunvent the 64 connection limit via a
>    parameter of some kind we may have missed ??
At the moment, no. I am testing alpha code right now but it's not in any
shape to be released at least for a few weeks.

> - If a redirector + olbd manager can connect to only 64 nodes,
>    what would happen to the "rest" of the nodes in our configuration
>    i.e. the 190-64 other nodes ??
Nothing, they would go unnoticed. With the current configuration you need to
externally partition the space.
>    * Does this implie that the redirector cannot do load balancing
>      with those nodes ??
The nodes go unnoticed. They effectively do not exist. So, the answer, I
suppose, is yes.

>    * Does it mean that a single redirector cannot handle more
>      than 64 nodes and their files ??
At the moment that is true. As I said, we are testing the alpha code now.

>    * If I use DNS RR, what happens then ?? Does every redirector
>      gets a set of 64 nodes ?? Does the redirector exchange information
>      about each other's known files (and node/load selection) ??
No, none of that happens with the code that you have. The limit at the
moment is 64 nodes per redirector. To get more, you need to use an external
mechanism to partition the name space between groups of 64. In a few weeks
we'll have the 64,000 node code available.

Andy

P.S. I'm sure this disappoints you but hopefully for only a short while :-)