Hi Jerome,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerome LAURET" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Peter Elmer" <[log in to unmask]>
> [...]
> >   At the moment you can build a hierarchy where each group of 64 has
> > a redirector and then those subscriber to a meta-redirector. What Andy
> OK, we will look into this.
No need, see my previous mail file.

> What is the reasonning behind the 64 limit ?? I have not
> looked at the source code and wondering if this is a low level
> limitation or a simple hard-coded choice ??
You will have to read our paper that we are writing submitting to the
Intellegent Agent Technology Symposium. The reason for the limit is that the
system has to scale and it can't do that if the cell size (i.e., the nodes
that technically know about each other) is too large. Even 64 is stretching
it a bit but it worked out to be a convenient number for efficiently
performing bit vector operations (and we do quite a bit of those in the olbd
:-). It was my intenetion all along to allow you to stack cells of olbd's
together and the architectural elements are there to do that. I just didn't
put it all in to keep the complexity down while we were deploying the system
in production (i.e., use the simple stuff first).

Andy