Hi Pete

>   On Tuesday at the xrootd meeting, we should talk about turning the current
> "development" version into a "production" version. This should probably mean
> testing it to the point where we can deploy it on the production kan* servers
> at SLAC. In addition to the performance improvements, the other thing it
> would be nice to push out into production is the server-side monitoring.
> What do you think, Jacek?

We have went through a series of monitoring-related changes in the
protocol  recently (the latest one this weekend), which means things are
changing too much to be called 'production'. I am certainly hoping we
should try things for real 24x7 once we have the latest server side code
in production. One of the important things I have not finished yet is
dealing with xrd server restarts.

Jacek