  Hi Gerri,

  Ok, given that Chris will continue to need RH7x builds for RAL, I'll switch
to using the CERN machine for binary builds (also switching from RH72 to
RH73, or whatever flavor of it CERN is running).

  At least those machines have afs access so I can have one common build area
for all the builds in afs at SLAC....

                                   Pete

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 06:51:09PM +0100, Gerardo Ganis wrote:
>   Hi Pete,
>
>   The alias lxplus7.cern.ch is the entry point for the remaining
>   RH73 machines at CERN. My understanding is that this service will
>   run until end of 2005.
>
>   Gerri
>

> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Peter Elmer wrote:
>
> >   Hi Fons,
> >
> >   Ok, it looks like we'll probably lose RH72 at SLAC imminently, so I'll
> > most likely stop doing the builds for each version. If there is a RH73
> > machine at CERN I'll periodically check, but we'll rely in part on
> > feedback from you guys if compilation problems come up in taking the latest
> > xrootd version.
> >
> >   The thing that comes up most often for RH7x/gcc2.95.3 is just missing
> > includes, so there should hopefully be no big deal.
> >
> >                                    Pete
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 06:23:10PM +0100, Fons Rademakers wrote:
> > > Hi Pete,
> > >
> > >   support stops when we loose access to the last 7.3 machine.
> > >
> > > -- Fons

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland