   Hi Pete,

> It looks like most (all?) of the functionality is there in the XrdClientAdmin
> so presumably a "TXNetSystem" can be made. Fabrizio, what do you think?

  This question already circulated a few weeks ago. What we need to
  make TXNetSystem are the functionality to navigate directories
  (opendir, closedir, readdir ...) which are not yet in the xrootd
  protocol. If I remember correctly Andy said that he will add the
  missing functionality so that we can make the admin interface.

> Do you know of any backwards compatibility issues which will make it
> difficult for a TXNetSystem to be backwards compatible with rootd (using
> TNetSystem)?

  I don't think the case will be much different from the the TXNetFile
  one. It should be possible to use what we already use for the optimized
  TXNetFile->TNetFile fallback, avoiding to open twice the connection.
  Server-side should be ok, client-side we probably need an additional
  constructor to initialize the object using an open connection.

  Gerri