  Hi Pavel,

  What do you see in the client side output log file from the attempts
from LSF?

  Is it possible (for example) that you don't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set
correctly to find the libXTNetFile.so plugin library? If it is trying
for some reason to connect to the xrootd with the old TNetFile client
you might see something like that.

                                   Pete

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 01:28:09PM +0100, Pavel Jakl wrote:
> I have some problem with running client from LSF batch system or from
> cron. We are using cron for increasing number of clients to test a load
> of redirector.
> I made csh cron wrapper which only set enviroments and run ROOT macro :
>
> #not execute root macro if this file exists (this is here because of
> cron time loop)
> set  $MACROFILE="XROOTD_macro.C"
> if (! -e $HOME/client$HOST.stop ) then
>   setup ROOT 4.03.02
>  root -b  -q $MAINDIR/$MACROFILE  >>&$ROOTOUT/root$HOST.output
> #after executing ROOT macro, create the file
> /bin/date  >$HOME/client$HOST.stop
> endif
>
> When my cron job or LSF batch job starts then in log of redirector is
> this and my macro is interrupted:
>
> *050307 12:08:06 10260 XrdLink: ?:12@rcas6001 disconnected after 0:00:00
> (connection timed out)*
>
> But if I start my macro by hand in terminal, it is working and I get the
> files.
> !!!! Everywhere are the same enviroment variables !!!!
>
> I am also enclosing my macro file that everything is in order.
>
> Has someone an idea what is wrong ?
>
> Thanks
> Pavel

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland