  Hi Pavel,

  I just checked for myself what happens when you try to connect to xrootd
with the old TNetFile. The message is actually clearer than that:

050307 14:06:25 15459 XrdProtocol: ?:11@noric01 terminated matching protocol not found

(Of course: xrootd can be configured to launch the original rootd to cover
the case where someone has connected with TNetFile.)

  One thing I see that you are doing in your macro is:

       gROOT->GetPluginManager()->AddHandler("TFile","^root:","XTNetFile", "XTNe
tFile", "XTNetFile(const char*,Option_t*,const char*,Int_t,Int_t)");

yet I see you are using:

> >   setup ROOT 4.03.02

Note that you don't have use the standalone XTNetFile plugin in ROOT 4.03-02.
It should work out-of-the-box w/o any call to the PluginManager. (The
standalone XTNetFile plugin was really only meant for use with ROOT3.) Is
this perhaps the origin of the difference? (i.e. you were using a different
ROOT version interactively or using 4.03-02 correctly w/o loading the
XTNetFile plugin...)

                                   Pete

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 10:38:43PM +0100, Peter Elmer wrote:
>   Hi Pavel,
>
>   What do you see in the client side output log file from the attempts
> from LSF?
>
>   Is it possible (for example) that you don't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set
> correctly to find the libXTNetFile.so plugin library? If it is trying
> for some reason to connect to the xrootd with the old TNetFile client
> you might see something like that.
>
>                                    Pete
>

> On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 01:28:09PM +0100, Pavel Jakl wrote:
> > I have some problem with running client from LSF batch system or from
> > cron. We are using cron for increasing number of clients to test a load
> > of redirector.
> > I made csh cron wrapper which only set enviroments and run ROOT macro :
> >
> > #not execute root macro if this file exists (this is here because of
> > cron time loop)
> > set  $MACROFILE="XROOTD_macro.C"
> > if (! -e $HOME/client$HOST.stop ) then
> >   setup ROOT 4.03.02
> >  root -b  -q $MAINDIR/$MACROFILE  >>&$ROOTOUT/root$HOST.output
> > #after executing ROOT macro, create the file
> > /bin/date  >$HOME/client$HOST.stop
> > endif
> >
> > When my cron job or LSF batch job starts then in log of redirector is
> > this and my macro is interrupted:
> >
> > *050307 12:08:06 10260 XrdLink: ?:12@rcas6001 disconnected after 0:00:00
> > (connection timed out)*
> >
> > But if I start my macro by hand in terminal, it is working and I get the
> > files.
> > !!!! Everywhere are the same enviroment variables !!!!
> >
> > I am also enclosing my macro file that everything is in order.
> >
> > Has someone an idea what is wrong ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Pavel

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland