  Hi Gregory,

  Access to RH72 machines is becoming increasingly rare. There still are
a few at SLAC, but I suspect they will disappear in the very near future.

  After the SLAC machines disappear I will still be able to do RH73 builds at
CERN for a while, but if you are still running RH72 that doesn't help you.
What are the FZK plans for upgrading those servers to RHEL3 or SL3?

  I'll probably do a new build in the next day or so with some more monitoring
updates. I'll do the RH72 build this time, too.

                                   Pete

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 01:11:47PM +0100, Gregory Schott wrote:
> Hello Pete,
>
> Are you not building RH 72 binaries anymore? I guess I can use the source
> and compile myself then.
>
> -- Gregory
>

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Peter Elmer wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > There is now a new development version of xrootd (20050316-1316).
> >With respect to the previous version (20050313-0928) this build only fixes
> >things for monitoring (and compiler warnings):
> >
> >  o silence a couple of compiler warnings
> >  o various fixes in the XrdMon package
> >  o fix in XrdXrootdXeq so that size reported to monitoring system
> >    is correct
> >
> > For the full set of changes and links to rpms/tarballs to download see the
> >the xrootd web page and/or version history:
> >
> >  http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu
> >  http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/xrootd.History
> >
> >Let us know if there are problems.
> >
> >                                thanks,
> >                                  Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland