  Hi Chris,

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 11:22:41AM -0000, Brew, CAJ (Chris) wrote:
> I'm planning to get a talk at the HEPiX workshop in Karlsruhe on our
> experiences deploying the xrootd system at RAL. I know SLAC normally
> sends one or two people an was wondering whether anyone was planning to
> present (or has presented) the xrootd system there. If not, I'll add a
> section on that to the start of my talk giving a quick overview, but
> it's probably worthy of a slot for itself.

  As far as I know, nobody is planning to present anything about this at
that meeting (unless one of the other site reports mentions it)... I don't
know who is going from SLAC, but I think I saw that Len Moss mentioned it in
passing in the SLAC site report at one of the last few Hepix meetings (perhaps
at BNL?).

  (Please also give the CERN/FNAL people a big push in the direction
of SL3/SLC3 sanity/unity: that is also supposed to be discussed at the meeting
if I've understood correctly... ;-)

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland