Hello Matthew,

I am trying to export 3 different disks. I am using xrootd version
20050110-1339. I tried:

xrootd.export /export/babar13/kanga/EventStore/store
xrootd.export /export/babar14/kanga/EventStore/store
xrootd.export /export/babar15/kanga/EventStore/store

or

oss.localroot /export/babar13/kanga/EventStore/
oss.localroot /export/babar14/kanga/EventStore/
oss.localroot /export/babar15/kanga/EventStore/
xrootd.export /prod
xrootd.export /store

but neither worked (in the second case it works for babar15 only). Could
you send me an example of your working setup?

Cheers,
   Gregory

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> Stephen is right. THe performance will not be very good. While you have
> eased the load on nfs in terms of number of clients the overall speed will
> be limited to below nfs speeds. In general, nfs is a very poor performer.
>
> Andy
>
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Stephen J. Gowdy wrote:
>
>> Hi Matt,
>> 	BTW, do you really want to serve an NFS disk via xrootd? I'm not
>> sure what the benefits would be, perhaps teher server would cache the file
>> to make it a little better than normal NFS if a lot of people open the
>> same file...
>>
>> 							regards,
>>
>> 							Stephen.
>>
>> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Langston, Matthew David wrote:
>>
>>> We would like to export multiple directories from our xrootd server. The version of xrootd we are running currently only supports exporting one directory. This is our current xrootd.cf file:
>>>
>>> glast@glast01 $ cat xrootd.cf
>>> xrootd.fslib libXrdOfs.so
>>> oss.readonly
>>> xrootd.export /nfs/farm/g/glast/
>>>
>>> We would like to do something like this:
>>>
>>> glast@glast01 $ cat xrootd.cf
>>> xrootd.fslib libXrdOfs.so
>>> oss.readonly
>>> xrootd.export /nfs/farm/g/glast/dir1