  Hi Gregory,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 07:49:26PM +0200, Gregory Schott wrote:
> 4) RH8
> ======
>
> This is not an issue but I just noticed that one of the NAS box is
> actually not RH 7.3 but RH 8 so I am compiling myself there. No problem.

  I'd be less worried about using the RH73 build on RH8. Using the RH73
build on RH9 (or RHEL3) might be more complicted since there were the linux
thread changes between those two releases. Perhaps just paranoia, as this
_should_ be backwards compatibile, but one never knows and if we don't have
to think about it we are better off.

  I'd be somewhat happier if (for BaBar) you just upgraded the machines
to RHEL3 or SL3 so we have fewer platforms to worry about.

> 5) Other
> ========
>
> When all that is fixed, I'd like to learn how to use the monitoring in the
> recent releases. Is it documented somewhere (I just found the CERN
> presentation of Jacek)?

  Jacek wrote a nice page which I'll link this evening (I want to split
it in two and add a bit of intro). More later.

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland